Thursday, April 21, 2011

God the Artist

God loved first so we can love others. It's a gift. And I was starting to see it everywhere.

Robert Indian created the piece "Love" in 1964. He originally made it for museum Christmas card and it began to be massed produced in corton steel. The first sculpture is outside the Indianapolis Museum of Art where I first saw it at Katherine's wedding. This pop art symbol has become recognized around the world. We see the word Love everywhere, but don't ever forget who created it for you first. A sculpture can never be love, it may read love, even look like love, but never be love. Artists like me continually fail to create what is real. It doesn't stop us from creating, we are just fully aware that the real artist is God. He sculpted love in the most beautiful way. One day we can watch God in his studio, sculpting, painting and breathing love into life. (I know I sound sappy and poetic, but it's really what I'm thinking!)


Robert Indian 1964


Scottsdale, AZ 2011


Someone in our house 2011
(This one made me laugh)

Black Hawk Reminder 2010


Angie's Valentines Card 2011


Becky's Mug


Refrigerator Magnets by Cecily 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment