Wednesday, April 6, 2011

"I like your boots"


Today was a good day. God woke me up to the pitter patter of rain. Bought a French Kiss Latte. Got a spring hair cut. Visited my mama at work. Said Hi to some Wyldlife girls. Wrestled with my pup Kallie on the floor. Made a beastly 5x3ft canvas stretcher. Wander Michael's craft store. And then I visited Great Grandma Flo...

From my experience she was a little off and sad sitting alone in silence. However she lit up when I told her who I was. We chatted, well... I mostly listened to her problems. It was kind of depressing, I moved away from the subject of worry and despair and told her I was wearing her necklace. She didn't know it was hers judging by the expression on her face. And expecting to hear a comment on how that was her necklace, she looked at my boots and the first positive thing came out of her mouth was, "I like your boots" (referring to my polka dot "1st grader" rain boots, as my mom would call them). Then she smiled and asked that if she could lay down. That was the icing on the cake. As I helped her walk a couple petty steps to the bed, I was overcome with the fragility of life before me. We shared a long hug. She told me that she prays so hard for her grandchildren. Every morning. Everyday night. How powerful, it was a cherry on the cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment